Italian Rolls have never tasted so good without this utterly delicious Panamanian Stew ! What’s more ! You can cook the Panamanian Stew with Italian Rolls in a few minutes for your family for dinner while they wait eagerly !
- 450 gm lean beef, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or bacon fat
- 675 ml water
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 beet, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/2 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 225 gm frozen, defrosted green beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon basil or thyme
- How to make Panamanian Stew
- Brown beef in oil in a large skillet.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Add some of the water to the skillet and stir to pick up the browned bits.
- Add to the meat along with remaining water, carrots, beet, celery, potatoes, onions, cabbage, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, green beans, parsley, and basil in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve stew hot in large bowls with crusty Italian rolls.