Tofu is soybean curd, pressed into blocks as fresh tofu or processed further. It is a staple ingredient of Japanese cuisine, which offers many different tofu dishes using many types of fresh and processed tofu. Tofu is often an ingredient in soups and stews. Tofu is one of the most popular ingredients in Japanese cooking – tofu information and Japanese tofu recipes. Atsuage is deep-fried, thick tofu known as tofu cutlet. This is a quick appetizer to make with atsuage.
- 2 blocks atsuage tofu cutlet
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- soy sauce
- Put atsuage in toaster oven or broiler and cook until dark brown on both sides.
- Cut into small blocks and top with chopped green onion and grated ginger.
- Pour soy sauce as you like.