Here’s a tasty recipe which is full of healthy goodness with vegetables, eggs and cheese.
- Sprigs from one medium cauliflower
- 400 gm leeks, cut into thin slices
- Half pound broccoli or green beans
- 185gm or ¾ cup grated cheese
- 6 eggs
- 300ml single cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One teaspoon mustard
- Butter for casserole dish
- Cook the prepared vegetables in salted, boiling water for ten minutes or so.
- Butter the inside of a large, lidded casserole dish (to reduce sticking) and add the hot vegetables to it with most of the cheese mixed in.
- Whisk the eggs lightly with the cream and seasoning and pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 300F/180C/Gas Mark 4 for 25/30 minutes until the egg custard is set.