While the Vietnamese cuisine relies on fresh vegetables, subtle seasonings and rice, Vietnamese cooking also reflects its Chinese and French influences and it has numerous regional difference; in the south, look for plentiful fresh seafood and in the colder north, you’ll find slightly heartier meals with beef. In central Vietnam, around the ancient royal capital Hue, the food may contain influences of the former court cooks.
- 500 gm of minced beef
- 1 tbsp of lemon grass (chopped)
- 2 tsp of red or green chili (finely chopped)
- 1.5 tbsp of fish sauce (need to make homemade with Worchesthire sauce since fish and meat can’t be eaten together)
- 3 tbsp of roasted peanuts (grounded)
- 2 tbsp s of onion or shallot (finely chopped)
- 1.5 tbsp of coconut cream
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of palm sugar
- Start by adding all the ingredients in a bowl and use your hand to make them into small flat balls.
- Pan fry or grill the beef balls over medium high heat until they are cooked to your liking. Usually cooked well done. Serve with a sweet chili sauce.