The recipes of Argentina are a clear expression of their tradition and customs, which are dumped in the preparation of their meals, which have been contributions of new generations or have simply been passed from generation to generation and to this day maintain that traditional essence.
A unique combination of flavors makes this stew a favorite. Easy to prepare and kids love it. The flavors of paprika, apple, and a little barbeque sauce may seem an unlikely combination, but they work together well in this beloved lentil stew!
- 190 g dry lentils
- 945 ml water
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 369 g tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 138 g apple – peeled, cored and diced
- 75 g frozen peas
- 5 g garlic
- 15 ml olive oil
- 60 ml barbeque sauce
- 1 g paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the lentils and water in a large pot, and mix in the vegetable bouillon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir the tomatoes, onion, carrot, apple, peas, garlic, olive oil, barbeque sauce, and paprika into the pot. Continue to simmer 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to serve.