Semolina Pudding (Rava Sheera)
- 2 cups (about 8 oz.) semolina (or cream of wheat)
- 2 cups milk
- 10 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 cups water
- A little cardamom powder, chopped nuts (like cashewnuts and almonds) and raisins
- Mix the milk, sugar and water in a vessel. Bring to boil and keep on low heat uncovered for 2 minutes stirring periodically. Keep aside
- Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a pan on medium level till it is hot. Add semolina. Stir well and fry on low heat for 7 – 8 minutes or till the semolina is lightly roasted.
- Now add the milk mixture. Stir well. Keep on low heat for about 3 minutes, stirring periodically (after every minute), till the mixture is dry.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, chopped nuts and raisins.