The Scots are a nation of self-confessed sweet addicts and aside from their heavenly fudge. Today Scotland’s chefs take the best of their culinary heritage, re-interpreting their grandmothers’ recipes to produce delectable variations on the old standards. Recipes highlight Scottish ingredients at their very best.
- Cold water
- 1/4lb butter
- 4 Tablespoon of milk
- 1 Tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 large tin condensed milk
- Vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lb granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- Grease a baking tin. Rinse pan with cold water and leave a little in the bottom.
- Melt butter, milk, sugar and syrup, the gradually add condensed milk and bring to boil.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Add vanilla and salt and pour into tin to set.
NOTE: Don’t try and making pareve – won’t have the same taste!