The food recipe of southern Vietnam is influenced by the immigrants of southern China and French colonists. The people here are fond of sweet flavors in various dishes. As a more diversified region, use of a variety of herbs in food recipes is also quite popular. The food recipes of central Vietnam is different from that of other parts of Vietnam and the cuisines here are comparatively spicier than its other counterparts. Pasta chicken is a quite popular recipe in Vietnam.
- 4 chicken breast – diced up into bite size pieces
- 300 gm broccoli – diced up into bite sized pieces
- 5 to 10 garlic cloves – minced or pressed
- basil & oregno – to taste (aprox. 1/2 tps each)
- 1 medium carton, Half and Half
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 250 gm pack of small shell pasta
- olive oil
- Start water boiling for pasta and add pasta when boiling, cook until done Drain.
- Cook broccoli till becomes tender.
- Brown chicken pieces in olive oil, add tomatoes and garlic, simmer for approx 3 minutes, add basil and oregano, simmer again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Half and Half. Simmer again for 3 to 7 minutes, add pasta, stir well and serve.
- Its great served with French or garlic bread and a salad.