These Healthy Peanut Butter Cake Bars will please you and your kids. Made with natural peanut butter and natural applesauce, made without oil, butter or margarine, these bars are a healthy treat. Eat with a tall glass of milk, these cake-like cookies are a delicious treat. And the bonus is that this four-ingredient recipe is so easy that your kids can make it all by themselves.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup of natural applesauce
- 3/4 cup of smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (parve)
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- Mix eggs, apple sauce and peanut butter.
- Slowly add cake mix. Mix in a small amount, and repeat until the entire box is mixed in (usually in six different mixes, especially if mixing by hand).
- Batter will be thick. If a thinner batter is desired, add a bit more applesauce. If a stronger peanut taste is desired, add up to another 1/4 cup peanut butter.
- Pour batter into pan. Batter can be spread within 1/3 inch from edges and it will spread out during cooking.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 25-30 minutes. Cool on wire cookie rack.VARIATIONS: Mix chocolate chips into batter before baking.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Enjoy cold or warm with a big glass of milk.