Easy gajar halwa is believed to have its origin in the asian culinary tradition. Easy gajar halwa has become one of the most popular dessert around the world. It is generally easy to prepare. For lovers of sweet food, easy gajar halwa is simply heaven.
- 500gm Indian Carrots
- 2 Liters Full cream milk
- 4 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 50 gms Chopped nuts
- Wash the carrots properly. Peel and grate the carrots.
- Fry the chopped nuts (cashew nuts, almonds, pistachio, etc.) in ghee and keep them aside.
- Saute the grated carrots in the same ghee for a few seconds.
- Add milk and sugar to the carrots. Keep stirring the milk and carrot mixture to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Cook the mixture until all the milk evaporates (this might take a more than 1 hour)
- Once the mixture reaches a soft ball consistency add the cardamom powder and stir – your gajar halwa is ready.
- Garnish with fried nuts and serve warm
Try serving gajar halwa with vanilla ice cream for an interesting twist.