(Argentine parsley-garlic sauce for grilled meats)
This pungent herb sauce originated in Argentina. Chimichurri is the classic accompaniment to Argentine churassco, or grilled meats. You can also use chimichurri as a marinade.
- 1 bunch Parsley, chopped
- 8 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Paprika (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- Add the parsley, garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, cayenne and vinegar to a blender or food processor and pulse to process well, but do not puree. Leave a little chunky.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in the olive oil. Let stand for least 30 minutes to mingle flavors and serve at room temperature.
- Use sherry vinegar for a subtler flavor.
- For a Caribbean-style sauce, substitute cilantro for the parsley and add the juice of one lime.