Everyone in Brazil loves the dish and has their favorite recipe…
- 2-4 lbs chicken
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp dry oregano
- Dry white wine (optional, but yummy, so use it!)
- Pareve Whipping Cream
- 3-4 tbsp catsup
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- Cut up meat into 1-inch pieces. Put into a bowl and mix with garlic, half of the onion, salt, nutmeg, oregano and wine. Let it marinate for 1 hour. Sauté remainder with a bit of oil. Add meat/chicken and marinade to the pan and cook. If it is a bit dry, add a few tablespoons of water, and cook a little while longer. Then add catsup and mustard. When ready to eat, add pareve cream and let cook for one minute.
- Serve over white rice and decorate with matchstick potato chips (in Brazil, they’re called batata palha and sold in bags).