Scotch Eggs – hard boiled eggs which are wrapped in lean ground or turkey, rolled in egg and breaded then baked.
- 453.59 grams ground turkey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml rubbed sage
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 0.61 ml clove
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled (not too large)
- 1 large egg
- 473.18 ml fine dry breadcrumbs
- Mix the meat thoroughly with the seasonings and divide into four equal portions.
- Have the four eggs hard boiled, for about 12 minutes.
- Peel them, dip them in water and coat them in flour.
- Wrap each egg evenly in a portion of meat, being sure they are covered completely.
- Beat the remaining egg.
- Dip each egg in the beaten egg then coat thoroughly in breadcrumbs.
- Chill for one hour.
- Bake until golden brown on a cookie sheet at 400°F; about 30 minutes.